Yep you hear it right, put that oil in your mouth and become buddies for the next 15 minutes. So you can fit in with your hippie friends, the term is Oil Pulling. It's an Ayurvedic practice with a ton of detox benefits. Plus...a side bonus your teeth will get whitened naturally!
Here's how you do this thing-
1) Make sure to use a quality, unrefined Coconut Oil. You don't wanna put any old crap in your mouth now do ya?!
3) Use about a Tablespoon
4) Don't swallow this concoction as it now contains toxins that it pulled out of your mouth! Yuck! Spit don't swallow! Spit in your trash or a sealed bag after, not down the drain as it could clog.
Why Should I do this?
- Coconut Oil is antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and has tons of healthy enzymes.
- The oil kills bacteria in your mouth, teeth and gums.
- Strengthens teeth making them less sensitive.
- Gives you 15 minutes to take a breather from talking. My husband loves when I oil pull ;)
- Relieves congestion in sinuses and throat. You'll hawk up a good one after!
- Naturally whitens your chompers.
- Because your pulling toxins out of your body, your skin clears up and becomes brighter.
- Creates a kick ass immune system!
Some believe it's best to swish first thing in the morning before eating or drinking. But if that doesn't work for you, as with all health habits- I just say do it whenever the hell you feel like it, but just do it.
I'd love to hear about your experience, tweet me @JillAnenberg