A handful of nuts reduce chronic diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes, strokes and heart attacks. It's much more fun to make dirty nut jokes and have a cheekful of salty nuts than be laying dead on the floor right?!
What do you call nuts on a wall? Walnuts
What do you call nuts on your chest? Chestnuts
What you call nuts on your chin? A penis in your mouth! Ha!
Often times you hear to eat a handful of nuts, but you might notice hand sizes vary (think about your ex's...Lol) so here's a number to go by based on the individual size of each nut.
- 10 Brazil Nuts
- 20 Almonds
- 15 Cashews
- 4 Chestnuts
- 20 Hazelnuts (Filberts)
- 15 Macadamias
- 15 Pecans
- 60 Pistachios
- 10 Whole Walnuts or 20 Halves
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- Small Handful – Mixed Nuts
My Top 3 ways to eat nuts.
1) Cream them into a spread. Use on toast, in smoothies, blend into "healthy wanna be ice cream." You can even add some nut love into your salad dressing recipe to give it the nutritional balls it needs.
2) I have a sweet tooth like a mothaf#cka! Using nuts to make delicious homemade granola without hidden corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to kill me, look I just wanted something sweet not a death sentence. Blend your favorite variety of nuts with dates, cranberries, figs- whatever and roll into yummy dessert balls. Also try swapping out some of your jerk white flour that offers your body nothing and add your fave nut flour.
3) Let your nuts play in your salad. Gives you an excuse to say, "Can I toss your salad with my delicious nuts?" Candied walnuts/pecans, slivered almonds and pine nuts are killer additions to your greens.
Got a nut joke for me? Or a favorite way you eat your nuts? Tweet me: @JillAnenberg